Naina Lal Kidwai is Executive Director on the Board of Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited and Country Head of HSBC India, which employs 32,000 people comprising Banking services, Insurance, Asset Management, HSBC Securities and Capital Markets, Retail broking, HSBC Software Development (India) Private Limited and the Global service centers (BPOs servicing HSBC’s operations in the UK, EU and USA).
An MBA from Harvard Business School, she has been recognised in India and abroad with several awards and listings for leadership and business. Repeatedly ranked in the Fortune global list of Top Women in Business, in the Wall Street Journal and Financial Times Global Listing of Women to Watch and listed by Time Magazine
as one of their 15 Global Influentials 2002. She received the Padma Shri from the Government of India for her contribution to Trade and Industry.
• Member of the Government – Industry Task Force
• Member Indo-German Consultative Group
• Governing Board of NCAER (National Council of Applied Economic Research).
• Governing Board of the National Institute of Bank Management (NIBM)
• Working Group on Banking, Financial Sector Legislative Reforms Commission (FSLRC)
• Non-executive Director on the Board of Nestle SA.
• Global Advisor Harvard Business School and Chairman, India Advisory Board.
• Board Trustee of the ASPEN Institute, India
• Chairman City of London’s Advisory Council for India
• Member of The Duke of Edinburgh Award Board of International Trustees
• Member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on Climate Change
• US State Department International Council on Women’s Business Leadership (ICWBL)
• Senior Vice President of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
• Advisory Council IIT Mumbai.
• Member of the Board of Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation
• TERI Advisory Board and TERI North America, Board Member.