Having represented the big business houses of Reliance and the Tata’s, Harish Salve is one of India’s leading advocates. With his broad and high-profile experience of business litigation in India, Mr. Salve provides fascinating insight into the challenges and opportunities of doing business in this vibrant yet sometimes frustrating market.
Harish has been ranked by India Today magazine as the 18th most powerful person in India. Some of his high-profile cases include:
– Supporting the Essar Group in relation to the 2G allocation probe.
– Ratan Tata calling him when his right to privacy had been violated in the Nira Radia tapes disclosure
– His surprising win for Mukesh Ambani against his brother Anil.
– His recent case for Vodafone and the huge capital tax gains charged wrongly to the company.
– Another important tax row representing RIL (Reliance Industries Limited) in relation to double taxation issues.